Friday, May 26, 2006

I lost my work ID months ago, and, while I'm totally down with the philosophy that we should all display our badges for the safety of the children, the hard, cold reality is, I so can't be bothered to spend a morning in line at the security department to get a new one.

Anyhow, lack of an ID badge has resulted in a lot of skulking on my part, as I have to visit 17 different high schools and very few front-office secretaries know me on sight (and my fellow educators know what type of personality tends to man the desk in the front office).

So I was trying to rapidly skulk through a front office today to go say hi to a pal in the counseling department, when the secretary pulled me up short. I apologized and explained who I was and where my badge wasn't.

She was cool about it, "I just saw you out the corner of my eye and I thought you were a student."

I laughed, "Oh, well that's okay, you can mistake me for a student all day long, I don't mind!"

She eyed me over the top of her glasses, "Honey, have you seen some of our students?

Nuts.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges.

About 4 or 5 years ago my school district made us all get photo IDs. They also threatened our jobs with a 1-2-3 strikes policy. Guess who was the first person to forget the ID? Oh, yeah, my principal, they guy who threatened us!

So anyway, here it is, 4 years later, one new principal (at our school), and it is rare to see an ID tag at our school. When you do, it is usually someone visiting from another school. When I am at other schools I see most of them wearing tags.

We are rebels!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home